I hate the new mail system

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Mar 10 20:17:46 CST 2017

>> RFC 3912 doesn't specify what output the whois server is supposed to
>> send.  Everybody "assumes" that it should be the complete domain
>> information, but that's simply not the case.

>> Imposing this assumption is what Mouse does, and that is wrong.

No, that is not what I'm doing, though I can certainly see how you
could come to that conclusion.

I'm not expecting/requiring/whatever that the relevant WHOIS server
return all available information.  But there is a lot of room between
that and returning no contact information whatever, which latter is
what DENIC does when queried in the usual way, ie, just the domain name
without any DENIC-specific text.  And that's well on the "unreasonable"
side of the line.

In my opinion, of course.  It's my mailserver, so that's what matters.

>> This option is completely legal [...]
> Legal in what sense?

I make no claim about its legality, in either the RFC sense or the
off-net-law sense (except that I believe I am within applicable off-net
law).  I simply consider it antisocial and uncivilized, and am not
interested in accepting mail from any domain within its bailiwick.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org