Pair of Twiggys

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 11:35:10 CDT 2017

On 15 March 2017 at 14:17, geneb via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Well hooray for Xerox.  Apple still obtained the concepts from Xerox,
> regardless of the mechanism.

Only some and only very basic ones.

Icons for files, the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons, scroll bars, all kinds
of utterly basic stuff were invented at Apple.

> Yeah, god forbid you confuse the poor user with more than one button.

Jeez, Gene, can't you find some _new_ nonsense?

This one is quantifiable and measurable. More buttons means more
cognitive delay. For years and decades. It has been _proved_ slower.
Yes we're all used to it now, but you just have not read the HCI
research if you are still reciting this tired stale old B S.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com