I hate the new mail system

Rich Alderson RichA at livingcomputers.org
Fri Mar 17 13:50:17 CDT 2017

From: Jay West
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:31 PM

> We've been in the process of moving our datacenter. As a result, changing
> headers on this list has been the last thing on my mind priority-wise.

> Add to that, we still have a few machines to move that will require
> hand-reimplementation instead of just migration, and those have to be
> finished first (paying customers).

> Add to that... when THIS server gets reimplemented, the lists will be
> recombined and the above patch should not be necessary.

> So - given available time and priorities, I'd appreciate it if you could
> suffer the lack of fun for a few weeks or a couple months, whatever it takes
> me to (a) find the time and (b) to get it done. After that, I'm sure the fun
> will return. Thanks for patience and understanding!

Jay,

Thanks for putting up with the long, long discussion my original intemperate
complaint sparked.  (A good friend who's also on the list privately said to
me "See what you started?", weeks ago.)

Thank you as well for hosting all of this at no charge to the group's members,
something for which we are all grateful (even if it does not appear so from
time to time).

Having managed multiple mailing lists over the decades, I applaud your efforts
to keep this a vibrant, civil place to discuss broadly our mutual interests.

                                                                Best regards,
                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Sr. Systems Engineer