booting os/8

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:25:30 CDT 2017

From: cctalk [cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org] on behalf of Don North via cctalk [cctalk at classiccmp.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:30 PM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
Subject: Re: booting os/8

On 3/22/2017 10:47 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> [...]

Look here:   http://www.vcfed.org/forum/blog.php?12663-AK6DN   for info on my Arduino based RX02 emulator using a microSD card.
Works on RX11/RXV11/RX8E as RX01, RX211/RXV21/RX28 as RX02. Passes DEC hardware diagnostics.

Reinhard has done an FPGA based RL01/2 drive emulator, see:   http://www.pdp11gy.com/indexE.html#file:///E:/homepage/indexE.html

Don
aka AK6DN

I saw that.  I ordered a set of boards from OSHPark today.  Once they come I will see about ordering the
parts and building at least one.  I may wish I had more controillers. :-)

I will take a look at the FPGA solution.  But I still have to ask, is there any reason why it could not be done
with an Arduimo like the RX emulator?  I haven't researched it deeply, but I never thought the RL drive
itnerface was all that complex.

bill