PreOwned machine privacy - Was: Acclaim Entertainment Indy (with data, emails, etc) on eBay

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Mar 28 19:38:31 CDT 2017

On 03/28/2017 02:36 PM, JP Hindin via cctalk wrote:

> But... eMails? I dunno. I've been pulling a lot of data off a Cray
> J90 and I've had a lot of people ask me to release it to the public
> and I just can't bring myself to do so. I'm _pretty sure_ that it
> belonged to NASA, which might mean some/all of the information may
> even be Public Domain - but this has people's usernames, and lord
> knows what kind of effort they put into the work. (And that's
> ignoring how not-qualified I am to make the PD assertion)
>
> It just feels _wrong_ to me, personally.

Well, as someone who occasionally does work for JPL, I should mention
that a lot of the stuff you may find from the 80s and 90s may still be
classified--or at least sensitive.

Doubtless there are federal laws about this sort of thing and you really
don't want the black van pulling up in front of your place.

--Chuck