Trip to CHM - Hotel/Restaurant Advice

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Mar 30 23:29:04 CDT 2017

On 03/30/2017 08:31 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> Phelen Ave in San Jose, which was before the larger place on Sycamore
> in Milpitas.

In the late 70s, on Evelyn in Sunnyvale, near Wolfe, I believe.   I
could check my old records.

I recall when John Fry opened his store, the big seller was Canfield's
Diet Chocolate Fudge Soda.   I thought it was dreadful, but people
bought it by the caselot.  Fry's had a lot of Everex PC boards, much of
which was probably returns.   And you could buy a VME system there also.

I still have various connectors and whatnot in the little poly bags with
the red and white Fry's labels on them.

I bought my turntable and soldering iron tips at Sunnyvale Electronics.
Points for those who can tell me where that was.

I suspect that if I returned for a visit after nearly 30 years, I'd get
lost.

--Chuck