Trip to CHM - Hotel/Restaurant Advice

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Mar 31 16:12:26 CDT 2017

On 03/31/2017 11:17 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> On 3/30/17 9:29 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>
>> In the late 70s, on Evelyn in Sunnyvale, near Wolfe, I believe.
>
> That would be the original Halted location, Evelyn and Wolfe
>
> Halted moved to roughly laurence and central, then moved to 3051
> Corvin last year.
>
> The previous building was demolished last week. The entire block is
> gone all the way from central to keifer, including the building that
> was ACE Electronics on Keifer.

That's a shame.  One thing that Sunnyvale and Santa Clara offered was
lots of inexpensive "incubator" space.

I think that soaring prices on industrial rental space was what
eventually forced Dan (Haltek) out of his digs on Linda Vista in MV.

He had another outfit in Santa Clara, "Redwood Electronics", but that
seems to have turned to dust at about the same time.

Things come and go, though.  Where Sun was  is now Google.  Tear-downs
are the thing in older residential Mountain View and Palo Alto.

I remember when nobody but hippies and horse people lived in Los Altos
Hills on  gravel-paved roads.

--Chuck