Vaxstation 3100 of odd sort on epay

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue May 2 19:21:28 CDT 2017

This might be a tempest or shielded vaxstation?  Anyone speculate or
know for sure.

The vendor may have these mixed in as equivalent to their other
vaxstations.  If you search for "DEC vax VS42A-BN"
you end up back at the vendors listing for the ones with plastic
covers.  I didn't turn up any info yet, not hoping to.
but the thing has what appears to be optical, and a huge connector which
may be shielded SCSI on the back.

I can't tell from the front, but there may be a hatch to allow it to be
opened and a floppy inserted, not sure from
the photos.

VINTAGE-RARE-DEC-DIGITAL-VAXSTATION-3100-PF-VS42A-AA-RF-VS42A-BN-COMPUTER-SYSTEM/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370930391341

Kind of an interesting device.

I looped back into the vendors listings to this auction for the plastic
topped version, by the way

VINTAGE-DEC-DIGITAL-VT1300-VAXSTATION-VS42A-BB-COMPUTER-SYSTEM-VT-1300-TERMINAL/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370912245260

It is badged VT-1300 so may not be a vaxstation.  And the other box may
be one of the VT-1300's
that is tempest or shielded.

thanks
Jim