RE: Extracting files off “unknown” 8 inch disks. Any thoughts…

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri May 5 14:33:13 CDT 2017

On Fri, 5 May 2017, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> But I thought the problem was that most disk controllers can't do RX02.
> Everybody doesn't have a Catweasel or Cryoflux.

That's right.
Chuck's suggestion would require that somebody who has a
flux-transition device (Catweasel, Kryoflux, Central Point Option board,
etc.) would have to do the sector imaging.

Well, or, . . .
somebody who has an RX02 setup, such as you or Allison, could image the
sectors, instead of copying the files,  which might be appropriate if it
turns out that the OS that these were created with is unavailable.   How
many operating systems use RX02?

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com