Need help reproducing a PCB
brain at jbrain.com
Wed May 10 12:52:49 CDT 2017
On 5/10/2017 11:29 AM, Alexandre Souza via cctalk wrote:
> Anders, mind sharing which method you use to redraw a PCB? I have lots of
> interest in this subject.
I know the question was not directed at me, but since I am doing exactly
this, I can offer my perspective.
* I first scanned the files
* Then, I reversed the back and cropped so both pics were the same
size and orientation
* I then used a photo manipulation app to create two "layers" and put
the two images in a layer each
* I then created a new layer and set the brush to small
* I then created a schematic of the unit in EAGLE, putting all of the
parts in the schematic in the general location as they were on the board
* I the started tracing over the layers, turning on or off the top
layer to see and trace the bottom layer.
* Once I found two connections, I added the connection in EAGLE schematic
* Repeat until all traces are covered with a brush stroke
* I then had a really horrid looking schematic
* The next step was to clean up the schematic
* Next, I laid out the PCB according to the original, placing all of
the parts in the same place.
* Now, I intend to trace the metal into the PCB design. I figure if
there any discrepency, then I can fix the schematic and I will have
more confidence that the design is correct.
* The last step is to get a PCB manufactured, and see if the design
More information about the cctalk