xv and VMS

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Tue May 16 19:30:53 CDT 2017

On Tue, 16 May 2017, Peter Coghlan via cctalk wrote:

>> Is anyone out there using X11 on VMS and the xv image viewer?
>
> Yes.  Why do you ask?

I ask because I've been scraping together patches for xv and collecting
them into a Github repo[1].  I've finished adding all the patches
collected by Greg Roelofs, patches from OpenBSD, and now I'm working on
eliminating unsafe calls like strcpy() and sprintf().  Could I get some of
you VMS people to check out my work and submit any necessary changes?

My overall goal here is to clean up assorted bitrot and somehow convince
John Bradley to loosen the license.  I believe that I have the most
up-to-date codebase of xv available at the moment.

[1] https://github.com/DavidGriffith/xv

--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org