BBS software for the PDP 11

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu May 18 08:03:28 CDT 2017

> On May 18, 2017, at 1:26 AM, John Wilson via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 08:45:39PM -0400, devin davison via cctalk wrote:
>> I have both a pdp 11/34 and 11/23 and am trying to find some bbs software
>> to run. Preferably something that will run under an os and not monopolize
>> the whole machine.
>
> A krillion years ago I wrote about half of a BBS for my 11/34a, which
> ran (as an RTS) under RSTS V7.0-07.  I'd love to finish it ...

As an RTS?  Wow, that's doing it the hard way.  In either RT or RSX emulation it would be easier, you have a friendlier development environment that way.  I've done an application as an RTS in the long-ago past (an implementation of QUBIC, 3D 4x4x4x tic-tac-toe for a classmate) but that was on V5B, where an RTS was the only way to do assembly programming on RSTS.

	paul