KDF 8189 processor board foobared (ebay warning)

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sat May 20 16:59:36 CDT 2017

On 5/20/2017 6:12 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
>      > From: Jim Stephens
>
>      > I just ran across a sale on epay by a guy who thought you could pull
>      > the processor chip off the board and sell each in separate auctions.
>
> There are a lot of idiotz out there.
Turned out he had never encountered this situation and was just doing as
he has done breaking down other scrap.  Pull breakage one way, and keep
motherboards and the like (per modern pc's) another. Hopefully he will
share the other parts of the system and we can see what he got.  Not
sure how far down it is all been taken though.

When pulling apart old stuff 90's test equipment, advertising scrap, and
the like they make more than trying to treat everything like a museum
artifact.  The thing is do they keep doing it once you tell them.  I
think this guy will listen.  we'll see.
thanks
Jim