What connector is this?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sun May 28 11:27:59 CDT 2017

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Mattis Lind via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Can someone tell me what kind of connector this is:
> http://i.imgur.com/ZvLLQSO.jpg?1
> A source for a mating male connector is appreciated!

EDAC 516 series. Still made, and available from companies like RS components.
Be warned they are not cheap, but are very well made.

You need to count up the number of pins, then order the correct 'plug' which is
just the plastic moulding to hold the pins, the back shell, and the
contacts. The
same contacts are used in both plugs and sockets, they fit crosswise to each

Interesting bit of trivia, the center screw, which is used to hold the
plug into the
socket (and to eject it when you want to separate them) has a 2-start thread.


More information about the cctalk mailing list