Details about IBM's early 'scientific' computers

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Nov 13 13:23:57 CST 2017

So, I was trying to find info about the early IBM 709/7090/7094 computers, but
when I went to what is supposedly the authoritative work on these computers
(among others):

  Charles J. Bashe, Lyle R. Johnson, John H. Palmer, Emerson W. Pugh,
    "IBM's Early Computers", MIT Press, Cambridge, 1986

I discovered there was very little technical detail about these machines
there.

Is there any other printed thing (yes, I know a few Web pages have some
content) that anyone knows of that covers them in more detail? (I have a
709/7090/7094 programming thing coming, but that won't cover the internal
engineering.)

Yes, I know, I could look at the engineering manuals, but I was hoping for
something in between them and Bashe et al.

	  Noel