Ideas for a simple, but somewhat extendable computer bus

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Fri Nov 17 20:33:47 CST 2017

On 11/17/2017 6:59 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 11/17/2017 05:34 PM, Jim Brain via cctalk wrote:
>
>> It does not have to be fast.  I rather thought, "what is the simplest
>> multi-cpu shared bus that could be easily understood by folks and allow
>> them to focus on multi-processing education, not bus understanding"
>
> How about a serial bus?  Physically simple and not too awful logically
> today.  Say, I2C or SPI...
>
> --Chuck

Say USB-version 101101100 :)

I would say use a 68000 if your still can get them,
but run with a 6800 style clock. The master CPU and
shared memory on the high phase of the clock. The
slave CPU's on the low clock PHASE (clocked by a inverted clock).
This will give you multi-processing with a bit more than
64KB.
Ben.