Wanted: HP7970 hub mech

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Nov 19 21:31:43 CST 2017

This is a pretty far-fetched request, but here goes.

The quick-release levers on the HP 7970 tape drive are plastic.
They're starting to get brittle.  I've got one that's showing cracks, so
I swapped it the the one on the takeup reel, as that one doesn't see as
much action as the one on the supply reel.

What I'd really like to find is the older twist-to-tighten mechanisms on
the 7970.  I suppose I can get busy in my shop and make some, but I'm
wondering if there are any lurking in someone's hell box.

Thanks for reading!
Chuck