Xerox 820

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 09:31:56 CST 2017

On 11/22/2017 08:51 PM, william degnan via cctech wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2017 8:17 PM, "Pete Lancashire via cctech" <cctech at classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>> Wow that brings back some memories. There was about 10 of us who got
>> together and I can't remember how or who got 10 of them. I think mine is
>> still in storage somewhere.
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 4:54 PM, allison via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org
>>
>> wrote:

>>> completed?

>>> Bill,
>>>
>>> I'm likely one of the few around that can populate it with period parts.
>>> Very tempting to add yet another project to my list.
>>>
>>> Allison
>>>

> I have an 820-II but I also have a lot of 820  1/4 un software diskettes
> (but no 5 1/4" drive.  I can image and upload my disks if you'd like.  I
> have about 50 or so disks, various software.
>
> My 820-11 was new-old -stock when I got it whatever years ago, still have
> the orig boxes and all.  Takes 8in disks, has a working hard drive.  I
> think I have dBase and that kind of thing.

Everyone note Bill wrote the original post.

For me an 820 would be another nice CP/M system addition.  From S100
based through
AmproLB+ and with disks ranging from  8", 5.25, and  3.5".  Once I got
the boot disk going
supporting software is easy as several of the CP/M systems Have hard
disks (AmproLB+, S100 box,
SB180, Visual1050) and I have my Walnut Creek CD.  HOwever ther eis also
Gaby's site and
a few others on line.

Allison