Kodak Diconix 150plus - looking for info

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 09:17:48 CST 2017

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 6:27 PM, Philip Pemberton via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I just picked up a Kodak Diconix 150 Plus portable inkjet printer. No
> power supply or documentation, but it works fine. It appears to be a
> variant of HP's Thinkjet (it certainly uses the same cartridges) tweaked
> for portable use. Looking inside, it's full of Chinon ICs, and was
> apparently made in Japan (from the baseplate).
>
> This one needed some parts on the DC interface board resoldering, but
> after that it worked fine.
>
> Which brings me onto my question... Does anyone have any information on
> this printer?
>
> I'm mainly looking for a DIP switch table (annoyingly, it won't produce
> a config print - just a test page). I'd also love to find some details
> on the control codes, emulations and character sets it supports.

I checked and I have a Diconix 150 (not plus).  I took photos of it should
that be of use to you.   I took a picture of the switches as they are on my
unit, assuming this is the "normal operations" setting for a USA IBM
emulating printer, if that's what you're looking for.  There are 9 posts, 6
is up the rest are down.  Mine is a parallel printer (you can tell by the
port on the side not the dip switches)

http://vintagecomputer.net/kodak/diconix-150/

Also IF and this is a conditional IF, the 150 plus is only "plus" in some
other way other than switches here is the non-plus 150 switches' meanings:

ftp://csiph.com/incoming/jim/TSSPRT/acroread/tssfact/tfsprt/kodak/di150.pdf
(I posted a copy to my site as well)

The last three switches pertain to the country.  USA is all down.  6 up
means IBM emulation.

Thanks for the tip about the HP 51604A as a replacement cartridge.  Not
sure if it will work on the 150 non-plus but it's a clue.

Bill