Livermore Data Systems / was Re: what is this NCR modem? what did it go to?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Nov 27 16:26:03 CST 2017

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017, Brent Hilpert via cctalk wrote:
> Were those the Livermore Data Systems modems in a wood box you were selling?
> Did you have anything to ascertain the 1964 date for LDS, or were you
> getting that date from the stuff on the web?
. . .
> Someone in some comments suggests LDS wasn't building these until 1968,
> which strikes me as more plausible.

Thank you!

That is why I put a question mark after 1964.
I was basing it on nothing more than verbal comment by the guy that I got
them from.   And, while I had them, I hadn't had any reason to
particularly care.

1968 does, indeed, seem more plausible.

It still serves to illustrate that 1971 is NOT too early for that NCR.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com