Which Dec Emulation is the MOST useful and Versatile?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Oct 27 14:57:59 CDT 2017

> On Oct 27, 2017, at 3:21 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> On 10/27/17 12:16 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>
>> I've long had a fantasy about building a core-logic CPU such as the
>> Univac Solid State.
>
> I have been told the behavior of Univac magnetic logic was similar to NMOS

That doesn't sound even close.

Ken Olsen did his thesis on magnetic core logic.  There is some (but surprisingly little) information on line about this technology.  There are two flavors: with permanent magnetic cores (memory cores) and with "soft" cores (transformers).  Apollo "rope" core memory ROM is an example of the former.

	paul