Which Dec Emulation is the MOST useful and Versatile?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sun Oct 29 12:33:01 CDT 2017

On 10/28/2017 08:55 PM, Jay Jaeger via cctalk wrote:
> On 10/27/2017 1:46 PM, ben via cctech wrote:
>> On 10/27/2017 9:27 AM, Jay Jaeger via cctech wrote:
>>

>> With some FPGA venders you could get a TTL library components,
>> so you could input older designs. You may have to dig around for them
>> because that is not a NEW selling feature any more. Also logic
>> cells don't have asynchronous  set and clear anymore.
>>
>> Ben.
>>
> I suppose, though writing a little HDL to provide the function of a TTL
> gate isn't very hard.
Xilinx ise package provides a library of hundreds of 74xx
TTL parts in schematic form, with VHDL code to provide the
same functionality.  So, you can make up a schematic with
74xx TTL parts, and then it instantiates the VHDL behavioral
description of the part.  One could easily extract the VHDL
from their library.

Jon