looking at buying a pocket PC / PDA

tom sparks tomasparks.ts at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 12:04:14 CDT 2017

On 31/10/17 00:34, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 30 October 2017 at 00:57, tom sparks via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> cant find the Gateway HandBook on ebay :(
>> if wanted the GPD Pocket i could buy these
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_(console)> or  GDP Win
>> Toshiba Libretto size issues
> Your quoting is broken. It took 3 goes to type this because I couldn't
> find your actual reply.

I checked cctalk mail archive I could not find where my text quoting is
broken[1]

> The Pandora is a gaming toy. It's got a terrible keyboard.
>
> The GDP is one device, it just comes with either Windows or Ubuntu
> installed. I think even the specs are the same.

I was say that the "modern" GPD pocket version sucks compared to the
older versions.

if i was designing the next gen, i would start of with a kindle keyboard[2],
clamshell it, then make it smaller

[1]: http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2017-October/035578.html
[2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Kindle#Kindle_Keyboard