looking at buying a pocket PC / PDA

Sam O'nella barythrin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 01:20:11 CDT 2017

It could also be from the popular article about George RR Martin using a vintage dos computer with wordstar 4.0 for his writing rig. Similar to some other authors I've heard look for a machine that doesn't offer distractions.
My own mis-remembrance though for some reason I thought it was a trs-80 model 4p but I'm not finding specifics in the quick google search.
-------- Original message --------From: Evan Koblentz via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Date: 10/30/17  2:47 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Subject: Re: looking at buying a pocket PC / PDA
> Radio Shack M100 ... still used by some writers for the very reason you mention.

That is not true.

It was an urban legend in the 1990s that a handful of old farts in the
entirely sportswriting industry (thousands of writers overall) may
"still" be using their Model 100s. I'm sure if you looked hard enough
some of them still used typewriters too.

In 2017? It's ridiculous to even speculate.