The SPERRY UNIVAC UTS 40 system + 8406 double-sided diskette subsystem : Restoration

Dominique Carlier dce at skynet.be
Mon Oct 2 13:32:50 CDT 2017

You're probably right, but the work is so massive, and also this time I
would like to understand and target this breakdown instead of working
(as usual) in blind mode.
In addition, I do not see the same type of capacitor on the CPU board as
the one from the subsystem you quote as being known to break down.

Do you think that the small green capacitors here
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/uts40_from_usa_08.jpg

can be as fragile as this model there?
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/uts40/8406repair07.jpg

Dominique