The origin of SCSI [WAS:RE: The origin of the phrases ATA and IDE ]

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 21:32:58 CDT 2017

On 10/05/2017 09:39 PM, Jerry Weiss via cctalk wrote:
> The DK Driver for VMS versions around 5.x definitely had a problem with non-DEC disks.  6.X and greater were slightly more forgiving.

Having many of the era DEC VAX I can say the only SCSI issue I had was
the boot disk greater than 1.07 GB.
for second or third disks that was not an issue.  It was a system
diagnostic/boot rom issue.

I've used most anything I could find that was SCSI or SCSI-2. Most were
Seagate or WD, and a few with Compaq/fujitsu
labels.  With VMS 5, but not 5.0.

Allison