DEC Storageworks

Doc Shipley doc at vaxen.net
Sun Feb 4 23:18:22 CST 2018

   Sorry, hit send half-done.

   The cans are easy to open, and a bit of care will prevent damage to
the electronics.

   The internal connectors are all Mylar ribbon cables and the IDC and
Molex connectors are VERY tight.  This means that you'll need to use a
putty knife or screwdriver to pry the SCSI and power connectors off the
drive without stressing the ribbon.  The ribbon cable *will* either
break away from the plug or just break if you pull on it.

   Having said that,, after the obligatory learning curve I did replace
a bunch of the drives in SW cans without mishap.  ;-)

	Doc