[RESOLVED] Re: EPROM baking

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 22:56:06 CST 2018

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> You should be aware that many "thin" Far East USB cables will not pass
> the full USB 1.5A current without substantial voltage drop.

"Full USB current" is only 0.5A for USB 2, and 0.9A for USB 3. Any USB
device that needs more current than that should be using the Battery
Charging, Power Delivery, or Type C options, or some combination thereof,
and suitable cabling.

However, I don't disagree with your assertion that there are a lot of
really crappy USB cables out there.