How to enable USB drives in both Windows 98SE AND MS-DOS 7.1.

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at
Sun Feb 11 07:47:21 CST 2018

On 11/02/18 00:28, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> Dredging up an old thread, I'd like to report that I found some decent
> mini B-to-USB A cables from  They're advertised as 28/24
> AWG 3 ft. long.   They ran $1.13 each and look to be fit for use.
> --Chuck
How do you go about testing them? Do you just use a device that is known
to require (say) 2A and check that it runs happily or have you rigged up
something to draw 2A and then check that you don't see a voltage drop
(and/or smell/see burning!)?

Antonio Carlini
arcarlini at