Why don't you respect the mail threads?!

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Wed Feb 21 10:40:22 CST 2018

On 02/21/2018 08:57 AM, Tapley, Mark via cctalk wrote:
> I was one of the offenders. A list member politely pointed out to me
> (in private mail) the existence of the of the in-reply-to header which my
> client isn’t set to use. I had no idea! I’d been diligently changing
> subject: headers when I hijacked threads, but to no avail. So, apologies
> for my past bad behavior and I’ll try to do better in the future.

Thank you for your efforts Tapley.  :-)

We all have to strive to play well with others.  -  I think that was on
one of my report cards decades ago.

> I would encourage you though, rather than give up, just politely be more
> explicit about what is needed - it was ignorance rather than laziness
> in my case which was the problem.

Hanlon's razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately
explained by ignorance.

IMHO ignorance can be addressed with polite constructive feedback.

Willful ignorance … well that's a different story.  And it might not be
ignorance when it becomes willful.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die