Honeywell DDP-516 console on Ebay - PLEASE don't bid!

Bill Degnan billdegnan at
Thu Feb 22 13:51:35 CST 2018

> On Thursday, February 22, 2018 Philipp Hachtmann via cctalk <
> cctalk at> wrote:
> On 22.02.2018 16:18, Bill Degnan wrote:
> > All I have so far is the
> > console and a core module.   I am looking for the rest of the computer
> > if anyone has one...
> Ah, good to know that there is a spare core stack around :-P
> >
> I remember - having already commented on it...
> The front panel is quite dump. Everything is handled in the CPU and the
> PSU.
> BTW you know that the schematics of the DDP-516 can be found on bitsavers?
> Kind regards
> Philipp
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Ed Sharpe via cctalk <cctalk at
> wrote:

> some panel  hoader could drive this thru the roof....  I ran into someine
> this year with no interest really in the computers but like the panels for
> art....  with deep pockets. which makes them even scarier.....ed#
> Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

I can accept someone keeping the front panel and dumping the computer more
so than when on strips a  keyboard from the terminal.  Two reasons - One
because with the front panel one can build something underneath to replace
the original computer.  Second - The computer may simply be too big to keep

But I am sure there is a Fridays restaurant somewhere in the USA with a
UNIVAC front panel or something sad like that on the wall.