ZX Spectrum Z80 Keeps Resetting

Thorhallur Ragnarsson thorh at ismennt.is
Tue Jan 2 10:58:51 CST 2018

Hello Rob.

The power supply voltage might be a bit too high.

Early Spectrums expected a "9V" DC power supply.
The DC/DC converter that makes +12V, +12VA, -5V and -12V(AC) in some early
versions (up to Issue 3, IIRC) stops working if the input voltage is too high.

Happened frequently around midnight here in Iceland
when one had typed in (but not saved) a long program,
because normal people then turned off their lights,
and the mains voltage went a bit up :)

Best regards

Thor.