DEC H960 stabiliser feet. Have some questions.

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Sat Jan 6 10:11:39 CST 2018

On 06/01/2018 15:45, Pete Turnbull via cctalk wrote:
> On 06/01/2018 12:04, Steve Malikoff via cctalk wrote:
>> Using the measurements provided by Vince I've rejigged the drawing a
>> bit and it ought to be closer.
>
> Looks good to me except...
>
>> I had thought the hole in the front corner of the H960 was for a front
>> panel pivot, but it seems the foot does actually use it.
>
> Yes, that's essential!  But unlike in your drawing, the large screw that
> holds the stabiliser foot into that hole is a large-head countersunk
> screw, not a pan-head screw, and only the very bottom part of it is
> threaded, 8-32 IIRC.

Correction - it's 10-32.   I found one of the screws, photo at
http://www.dunnington.cx/DEC/H960/kickplate/IMG_1006.JPG

The head diameter is 15.9mm (5/8")
It's a 45 degree countersink with a flattened underside
The shank diameter is 7.9mm (5/16") and 49mm long
The threaded portion is 15mm long x 10-32
The overall length is 66.7mm (2-5/8")

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull