ID board Dilog SU723A

Jerry Weiss jsw at ieee.org
Mon Jan 8 19:41:50 CST 2018

> On Jan 8, 2018, at 7:17 PM, John Welch via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks!  I did some searching but all The Google could find were a few re-sellers that had the board but no info.  The 'feet' of the board (the part that plugs into the buss sockets) are labeled C, D, E, and F so it sort of smelled like unibus.
>
> Have you ever used one of these boards?
>

> On 1/8/2018 9:18 AM, Phil Blundell wrote:
>> On Mon, 2018-01-08 at 09:13 -0600, John Welch via cctech wrote:
>>> Does anyone know this board?  I think it may be a SCSI controller. I
>>> cannot tell if it is Unibus or Qbus.
>>
>> According to:
>>
>> http://www.dilog.com/unibus.html
>>
>> it's:
>> SU723A 	SCSI, TMSCP, 7drives, Quad Height.
>>
>> and (judging from the URL) it's presumably Unibus.
>>
>> hth
>>
>> p.

Take a look at  ftp://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/dilog/2120-0147_DU686_ESDI_MSCP_Nov87.pdf <ftp://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/dilog/2120-0147_DU686_ESDI_MSCP_Nov87.pdf>

Its only Unibus type device I have seen a Dilog Manual for. It might help you sort out the Unibus addressing
if the basic design of the host controllers are consistent between products. Obviously the media side will
be completely different.

Jerry