Spectre & Meltdown

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Sat Jan 13 12:13:26 CST 2018

> I wrote about Spectre and Meltdown recently: INTEL took its time to
> inform the world! Did it inform the world back in earlier days about
> potential flaws? Not to blame INTEL only: What about Zilog, etc.? Or

Yes, of course it did. The famous Pentium FDIV bug comes immediately to mind. Of course pre-internet days and everything being online all the time security was a whole lot easier. If you could keep someone out of the building your data was secure. Now a day all it takes is a bad JS on a site to compromise you...

-Ali