Google, Wikipedia directly on ASCII terminal?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 17:24:37 CST 2018

Would this be a good job for the Viking Electronics DLE-300?

It emulates a CO with a pair of POTS lines, so you can call from port to
port on it. It emulates all of the correct tones and CPC, both modems think
they are on POTS lines. Makes it very easy to connect a pair of modems
back-to-back, and fwiw it supports data to 112,500.

You might also be able to use a Viking DLE-200B but they are not nearly as
feature-full as the 300. Should work, though, but the data will be limited
to 14,400 or so IIRC.