question on hp9000/310

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 13:35:19 CST 2018

Eugene,

The 310 has no space for an internal disk unit.  It is possible to
install HP-UX but it might depend on the amount of memory in the
system.  There is diskette images for a version of HP-UX that runs on a
310 at hpmuseum.net, http://hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=581 If you
need more memory I have a few 128K and 1MB cards as well as one 4MB card
that are extras.    I also have a 332 system board that was designed as
an upgrade to the 310.  It replaces the 310 system board and has a 16MHz
68030 processor , 2MB of memory expandable to 8MB and a 68882 math
coprocessor.

Paul.