Ethernet cable (Was: Sun3 valuations?)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jan 23 14:19:01 CST 2018

    > From: Grant Taylor

    > I can fairly clearly see the RG-8/U on the side of the cable that David
    > is holding ... Sure, there was probably a better alternative that came
    > along after, with better shielding and marking bands.

You keep mixing up the 3 Mbit and 10 Mbit. _They were not the same_. (I
_really_ need to retake those photos with a ruler in them...)

The stuff with better shield, marking bands, etc is 10 Mb; it's about 1.05cm
in diagmeter. The black stuff (the stuff Dave is holding in the video) is 3Mb;
the piece I have is .95 cm.

The video, perhaps confusingly, shows a mix of 3Mb and 10Mb gear. The small
aluminium sheet transceiver (the one attached to the black cable when Dave is
doing his spiel) is the 3Mb one; the others are 10Mb.

	Noel