Ethernet cable (Was: Sun3 valuations?)

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Tue Jan 23 14:51:57 CST 2018

A side story. I was the only 'customer' of a long run of that yellow cable,
when we moved the 260 + 3/50's to a different location, I asked
if they were going to reuse the cable. "Nope, cost to much to get it out of
the roof trusses." I forget but it was a LONG run. Tektronix
back in those days was still an engineering oriented company and all I had
to do was mention it one day in the main cafeteria. Next
thing I know I was followed back to the building with at least 10 engineers
following me. I called and asked one one the facility department
guys that knew about the cable no longer being used, and his reply was
something like if it not there Monday I know nothing about it.

The bottom of the trusses were a good 15 if not more feet up. Five of us
got it down and I came home with the cable on Sunday.
My helpers would not take anything in $'s, the challenge was good enough.

Make a great cable for my ham radio hobby.

Today one would never get away with such ....

-pete