Ethernet cable (Was: Sun3 valuations?)

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 23 15:06:05 CST 2018

Nice story.

On 01/23/2018 01:51 PM, Pete Lancashire via cctalk wrote:
> Today one would never get away with such ....

I don't know.  I've had to mine out quite a bit of old cable that was
abandoned in place to make room for new installations.  Frequently the
building owners were more than happy to see it disappear in a fashion
that meant that I didn't have to bill them for my time to pull it out.

Day 1:  Man, we have to move get this crap out of the way so that we can
do our install.
Day 2:  Meetings.  (While interested parties pull out the cable and
leave a surprise.)
Day 3:  Hay, I thought you said that we needed to mine something.  I it
looks like clear haul.  ...and someone left a pull string that we can
use.  Suckers.  ;-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die