Keyboard "enthusiasts"

Ian Primus ian.primus.ccmp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 22:40:16 CST 2018

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 12:35 PM, Guy Sotomayor via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> …are the bane of my existence and should all rot in hell.
>
> Sorry, I just received an email from a “keyboard enthusiast” who was looking for
> various IBM 327x keyboards and wanted to know if I could help him and I needed
> to vent a little.

Ugh. Don't get me started. I collect terminals. Missing keyboards is a
perennial problem, but it's gotten WAY worse in recent years. I have
two terminals here that are missing the keyboards because some
"enthusiast" bought them out from under me during an eBay transaction.

So, now I have an Infoton and an IBM 3101 here that are completely
worthless because the keyboards are missing.

And I have no hope of ever finding replacements - especially for the
IBM 3101, because that's one of the ones the keyboard jerks really
seem to love because it's the older beam spring kind.

Grr.....