Keyboard "enthusiasts"

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Wed Jan 24 11:47:11 CST 2018

On 1/24/18 7:21 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:

> So, you have 2 choices:
>
> [1] Buy an expensive modern mechanical keyboard

Unless they are REALLY expensive, modern mechanical keyboard keycaps suck.
For some reason, they think the classic fonts are ugly and replace them
with REALLY ugly ones, or light all the keys or...

I bought a Nixeus one, and had to spend another $100 for a set of black double-shot
keycaps that ALMOST look as good as the classic Sanserif ones. But.. this was for a
Mac so I ended up with having to keep the old "cmd" keys, which are slightly the wrong
height and have the legends worn off (not double-shot)