Interest Check: Belden Thicknet 10base5 Ethernet Coax

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 18:48:44 CST 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 4:06 PM, systems_glitch via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Full disclosure on price: right now if I buy one spool, it'll be $0.60/foot
> to me, I was thinking I'd charge $1/foot for moderate lengths, of course
> I'm willing to make a deal on bulk purchases, especially if it ends up
> being local pick-up (here in VA or VCF East). I haven't dressed out cable
> this large for N connectors in a long time (last stuff was Times Microwave
> LMR400 for long-range 802.11b stuff) so I'm not sure what the N connectors
> cost nowadays or how long it'll take me to crimp them on.
>
> Here's the datasheet on the stuff:
>
> https://catalog.belden.com/techdata/EN/89880_techdata.pdf?ip=false
>
> DEC spec, orange jacket, plenum rated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan

There is also this seller with a couple of 1100 foot spools of Belden
89880 for $480 also in VA. The datasheet says 125 pounds per 1000 feet
so if you had to ship one of those I would expect that to add a fair
amount to the cost.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291786649807