radar history

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 11:38:36 CST 2018

that is precious!
In a message dated 3/4/2018 7:05:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time, db at db.net writes:

 On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 12:45:10PM -0000, Dave Wade via cctalk wrote:

> > A very interesting story in this radar history is how the Dutch managed to
> > rescue the EF50 tube, essential for these early radar receivers, to England
> > just hours before the Germans invaded holland.

I heard this story.

"It was in Canada though, in 1956, that Watson-Watt got a glimpse of a less
 popular application for the technology he helped develop - when he was
 pulled over for speeding by a policeman using a radar gun.

According to Mr Herriot: "He said, 'My God, if I'd known what they were
going to do with it, I'd have never have invented it!'"

- db at FreeBSD.orgdb@db.nethttp://www.db.net/~db