VT52 microprogram

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 05:41:25 CST 2018

fredag 9 mars 2018 skrev Lars Brinkhoff <lars at nocrew.org>:

> Mattis Lind writes:
> > Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> >> Does anyone have VT52 microprogram ROM image, a listing, or a copy of
> >> "DECscope System Manual"?
> > I did dump the microprogram of my VT52. I also did a very crude first
> > attempt to disassemble it. Since the VT52 has a mode bit that control
> > what operation to run it has to be simulated to get it right. You find
> > everything here: http://www.datormuseum.se/home/dec-vt5x
>
> Thank you!
>
> Time permitting, I'd like to make a VT52 simulator running this
> microprogram.

Yes. That was basically my idea as well. I didn’t get that far. It sort of
ran small pieces of the code but then I thought it would be a good idea to
compare with the real thing. Thus the planned work for taking traces with a
logic analyzer. At that time I didn’t have deep memory on my LA. Now I
have. Right now the VT52 is stored away and I am onto other things. But in
time it will happen.

/Mattis