AlphaServers

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Tue Mar 13 12:43:53 CDT 2018

On Mar 13, 2018, at 12:26 PM, Liam Proven via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 13 March 2018 at 05:25, Benjamin Huntsman via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone out there do Alphas anymore?
>
> I never got my hands on one, although there was a time when I coveted one.
>
> (Now as I am -- well, not homeless, but I don't have a house any more,
> or indeed an apartment of my own -- I am confining my collection to
> portable/pocketable and battery-powered devices.)
>
> I believe list-member Stéphane has at least one, but I don't know if
> he's got it running...
>
> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
> Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
> UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053

I have an AS 2100 4/275 in sight of me in my office - waiting for me to get a round tuit on installing OpenVMS - and another pizza-box station (300?) in the same condition. (Also a VaxStation VLC and a Rainbow, so Some Day (TM) I want to have a whole little DEC network with 4 different types of CPU talking together…)