AlphaServers

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 15:36:10 CDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:25 AM, Benjamin Huntsman via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Anyone out there do Alphas anymore?

I did a bit of work on Alphas from 1997-2003 but at home I have...

DEC 4000 AXP - works fine, haven't powered it on in a while.  I have
to unplug my VAX 8300 to plug the DEC 4000 in - I only have the one
30A receptacle in the basement.  It has multiple disks in it - Ultrix
and OSF/1 boot drives, IIRC.

DEC Multia Alpha workstation - got it from a friend and haven't played
with it yet.  Has Red Hat 5.3 on it.  Came with boxed OS.

DEC PC-form-factor motherboard.  I can't remember the model number,
but this fits in a standard PC tower case.  Made to run WinNT or UNIX.

-ethan