AlphaServers

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Wed Mar 14 07:01:42 CDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:44:15PM +0000, Kyle Owen via cctalk wrote:
>Several people have now mentioned they have dead Alphas. What is generally
>failing about them?

A number of years ago I had an AlphaServer 2100 running Tru64 that just
died. It worked fine one day and the next day started displaying fault
codes on the front LCD (IIRC). I never managed to work out what they meant
although I suspected a CPU board fault. I later gave the machine to a
friend to cannabilise for parts (he's a heavy VMS user and was able to
salvage some of the parts).

IIRC it was a 4/200, with a pair of EV4 CPUs, 512MiB RAM and half a dozen
2GiB SCSI drives. It had the pedestal chassis.

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj at mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/