ounting screw threads for VR201?

Alan Frisbie Flash688 at flying-disk.com
Mon Mar 19 13:18:47 CDT 2018

Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't happen to have a VR201 here right now to measure directly (or
> I would just do that), but IIRC, there's a threaded mounting insert on
> the bottom (for the "E.T. Stand", if nothing else),  I want to
> fabricate a shelf clip for a VR201 and am seeking the diameter/thread
> pitch for the insert.  Does anyone have that info handy?  It's likely
> larger than 1/4-20 from what I remember.

There are four brass inserts in a trapezoidal pattern, each threaded
1/4-20 (National Coarse).   The trapezoid is 7.0" center-to-center
for the two nearest the screen, and the rear ones are 5.0" center-to-center.
It is 5.0" between the front (screen) pair and the rear pair.

This is for a VR201-B -- other dash-variants may be different.
If there is a base with a single large threaded insert, it may be
an adapter that goes between the VR201 and the stand.

Now, could someone please tell me the pinouts for the 15-pin connector?
I would like to use it to view RS-170 video, if possible.

Alan Frisbie