PDP8/e programmers consoles

Charles Dickman chd at chdickman.com
Mon Mar 19 21:18:26 CDT 2018

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 9:59 PM, allison via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On 03/16/2018 08:28 PM, Charles Dickman via cctalk wrote:
>> So the PDP8/e used the KC8-EA programmers console which has
>> incandescent indicator lamps and the PDP8/f used the KC8-FL
>> programmers console which has LED indicator lamps.
> Wrong.  The 8f uses the same as the 8e.  It was the 8m that had the
> LED console.  If memory serves it was date of design that influenced it.

My information was based on the maintenance manual. I dug a little
deeper and see that the KC8-M is the operator panel that had only one
switch and the KC8-ML is a programmers panel and has the same PCB as
the KC8-FL that I referenced.

Clearly the panels were not rigidly associated with a machine model.

> Allison
>

>> -chuck

-chuck